- Does (x,y) satisfy the linear equation?
- Evaluate a linear function
- Complete a function table
- Write a rule for a function table
- Find points on a function graph
- Graph a line from a function table
- Graph a line from an equation
- Linear function word problem
- Find the slope of a graph
- Find the slope from two points
- Find the slope from an equation
- Graph a line using the slope
- Slopes of parallel and perpendicular lines
Return to www.emathematics.net
Evaluate a linear function
To evaluate a function, or find a functional value, means to substitute a given value in the domain into the equation to find the corresponding element in the range.
Plug x=2 into the function and simplify.