User: desconectar
Maths Exercices

Convert between fractions and mixed numbers

To write an improper fraction as a mixed number or a whole number:
  • Divide the numerator by the denominator.
  • Place the remainder over the original denominator to create the fraction.
  • State your answer as the whole number quotient plus a fraction that has the remainder as the numerator.

Write as a mixed number.


To rename a mixed number as an improper fraction:

  • Multiply the whole number by the denominator of the fraction.
  • Add the product to the numerator of the fraction.
  • State your answer as the sum over the original denominator.

Write as an improper fraction.